Academy of Dance
© COPYRIGHT 2020 Academy of Dance
● Class Absence: One makeup class is offered per month per class enrolled for. This is on the agreement that parents will contact the studio in advance of the missed class and inform the admin team that the child cannot make their class and inform us which class they will take as a makeup class. Parents must pay for the full term fee in order to enjoy this benefit. Make ups will expire at the end of the term. Make ups will not be moved into the next term.
● No refund is offered for class absence.
● Enrollment: Enrollment at Academy of Dance is organised by term. Full term
enrollment is expected of all students. We do not accept monthly enrollments. Monthly payment is only allowed through Autopay.
● Force Majeure: Academy of Dance shall not be deemed in default of this Agreement in the event that our ability to hold classes and fulfill our duties are delayed or prevented by reason of any act of fire, natural disaster, accident, Covid 19, protests, acts of governments, shortage of materials or supplies, or any other case beyond the reasonable control of such party; provided, that Academy of Dance gives the students written notice as soon as feasibly possible after the occurence of such an event, or when possible in anticipation of such an event.
● Students & their families dropping off at studio must adhere to our health and safety policies as instructed to us by the government (these will be updated as and when needed)
● Make up classes & refund policy due to force majeure event: Academy of Dance is not liable to provide make up classes or financial refund for classes missed due to a force majeure event.
● During typhoon signal 8 or black rain the classes will be closed temporarily from when the signal is issued and for 2 hours after the signal has been cancelled. Make up classes and refunds are not offered for cancellations due to forced government closure of classes. Morning class status will be informed on Facebook at 8am, Afternoon class status will be informed on Facebook at 1pm, messages will not be sent out.
● No refund is offered if a student leaves the classes within the session or term.
● No food is allowed in the dance class. Only water may be consumed inside the
studio. We have a no nuts policy on the premises.
● Dance is a physical activity that sometimes requires strenuous movements. Academy of Dance holds no liability for injuries occurring within the dance class. Teachers will follow company policies regarding accidents and emergencies no matter what venue they are conducting the classes. By signing this agreement parents agree that they will not hold Academy of Dance, Danceworks Limited or any contracted teacher liable should an injury or accident occur.
● Photography and videos: Parents agree to allow Academy of Dance to utilize images of the students within the marketing on facebook, website, and graphic artwork for promotional purposes unless otherwise specified by the parent at the time of enrollment.
● Uniform: All students are required to purchase and wear the Academy Of Dance dance uniform for each class enrolled (optional for Sparkles Jazz or Ballet)
● All students & accompanying adults must follow our health and safety procedures, these can be found on our website.
● All classes are held face to face at our physical locations. We will only offer zoom/online classes in the event that physical limitations on in person classes are mandated by Government regulations (please apply for zoom if you are in quarantine/isolating)
● By enrolling at Academy of Dance and attending our classes you agree by default to our terms and conditions of our studio.
● Disclaimer: Our terms and conditions are subject to change without prior written notice. Academy of Dance retains the right of final decisions and interpretation of terms and conditions.