Step-by-Step Guide to Zoom
Once you have signed up for our Zoom dance classes you will receive your class login information via WhatsApp. This will include:
- One click web link
- Meeting ID
Please note all meetings will have a waiting room & a password to ensure the safety of our students in our online classes.
Before Your First Class
- Make as much space as possible for your dance class, clearing any obstructions out of the way.
- Remove any distractions to help keep you focused in class.
- Wear your uniform, tie your hair up & wear your dance shoes.
- Prepare a drink of water & your mat (if you have one!)
- You will not be able to enter the class before the class starts. Please be on time for your online class where possible.
- Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of Zoom.
- Go into your settings & make sure that the ‘Auto Connect To Audio’ is turned to ‘On’.
- During class keep your video turned on & your audio turned off (teachers will unmute you for any discussions but if all students are unmuted at once it can be very noisy!)
- Don’t use virtual backgrounds as this often cuts part of your body off so we can’t see you fully.
- If possible, connect your Zoom to the TV (wireless or HDMI) so you can make the class nice & large!
Tips for Zoom
- Wear your dance uniform, shoes & tie your hair up. This will help you get in the right mindset for your class & keep you focused!
- Remove any distractions as much as possible, such as phones, little sisters & cats!
- Treat your zoom class like an in studio class, come to your class on time & make sure you’re prepared!
- Don’t be afraid to ask if you have a question. We love that Zoom is interactive & we want to help you as much as possible.
- We understand that Zoom can be hard, and so we just want you to try your best & have fun!
- Don’t forget your charger!